Catoctin/Fauquier contact

Catoctin/Fauquier contact
Power washing a quarry block near Aldie, VA that preserves a soft sediment contact of the Fauquier Formation cap carbonate and pillow basalt of the Catoctin Formation.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Nucleosynthetic anomalies in ureilites










9 comments:

  1. What controls which process dominates a system, or is that part of what you're trying to answer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want cupcakes, but that figure 4 is real nice.

    Tell us about ureilites! They're weird, and I think that highlights why you need to do this work to give them context.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good presentation, but it would have been helpful to include captions with your figures or have a written component as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the significance of this work? I understand that this will help constrain the formation of the earth, but why might a non-planetary person be interested in this? How many samples could you run through during the length of this project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No such thing as a "non-planetary" person, Jack. Check your terrestrial privilege.

      Delete
    2. "Meteorites"...enough said

      Delete
  5. Nice explanation of a complicated process in a simple way. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice presentation. Your explanation is clear, I like the diagram you draw on the blackboard, maybe it would be a good addition to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job, I found the first diagram really helpful.

    ReplyDelete